Cancellation and Refund PolicySergio Cruz
Cancellation and Refund Policy
- OLS reserves the right to cancel or reschedule any classes due to unforeseen circumstances that would risk the health or safety of its students or teachers, and provide substitute teachers when necessary.
- Also, in the case where class size falls below four (4) students then two courses or levels may be combined permanently. Only students from a higher level class would join a lower level class and need to repeat previously studied course material thereby ensuring that students do not miss any part of the program. Full-time (FT) Students not wishing to join a lower level must transfer to another SEVP certified school and will be offered a refund for the unused tuition portion. Part-time (PT) Students not wishing to join a lower level will be offered a refund for the unused tuition portion.
- If the student cancels or postpones before classes begin, the registration fee is nonrefundable (as registration requires a lengthy administrative process).
- If the school cancels classes before they begin, the student will receive a full refund for registration, set up (if all textbooks are returned in new condition), and tuition fees.
- If the school cancels classes after they begin, the student will receive a refund for registration and tuition fees for the remaining class hours but not for used textbooks.
- A student that does not complete the module (4 weeks) will not receive a refund or credit for the uncompleted portion.
- The school will be closed on major national holidays such as Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day. Classes which fall on those days will not be rescheduled, nor will credit or refund be given to students due to those circumstances.
- Students may re-schedule private lessons by requesting the change before 3 p.m. of the working day (Monday — Friday, excluding holidays) preceding the scheduled lessons. If notification is received later than time indicated, or not at all, student will be charged for the lessons scheduled and not taken, regardless of the reason for wanting to re-schedule.
- Private students may withdraw up to 3 days after the start date and receive a refund for lessons not taken. Lessons taken will be charged at standard rates, currently $45 per hour, which may be greater than the rate applied in the enrollment agreement. There will be no refunds for withdrawals after third day.
- Group/Semi-private students may receive a complete refund if OLS is unable to form a group of the requisite size which is four (4). There will be no refunds or schedule changes for group classes after the third day of class.
- If a student never attends class (no show) or cancels the contract prior to the class start date, all refunds due will be made within 45 calendar days of the first scheduled day of class or the date of cancellation, whichever is earlier. Approved F-1 visa students receiving an I-20 from OLS that do not start classes on the scheduled date denoted on the I-20 will not receive a refund for the first four weeks of class. Failure to enroll following consulate approval constitutes a violation of F-1 visa requirements. In such instances, OLS will immediately notify SEVIS of the student’s failure to enroll.
- Student who are removed from classes due to inapropriate behavior or failure to comply with the policies and procedures outlined in the student handbook will not receive a refund or credit for the uncompleted portion and may be expelled from our program.
- For enrolled non F-1 students, who cancel their classes within the three first days of class, the refund due will be calculated using the last date of attendance and be paid within 45 calendar days from the documented date of determination. The date of determination is the date the student gives notice (written, verbal or in person) of withdrawal to OLS. A refund will also be prompted for students that fail to attend for 10 consecutive class days without a documented excuse.
- For enrolled F-1 students (following the first 4 week term), who cancel subsequent classes within the three first days of class, the refund due will be calculated using the last date of attendance and be paid within 45 calendar days from the documented date of determination. Refunds will be provided to the student or sent to the address provided by the student. The date of determination is the date the student gives written notice of withdrawal to OLS. A refund will also be prompted for students that fail to attend for 10 consecutive class days without a documented excuse. Failure to attend constitutes a violation of F-1 visa requirements. In such instances, OLS will immediately notify SEVIS and terminate the student’s I-20.
- If a student is denied a visa and unable to begin their program of study, all refunds will be paid to the agent or agency.
- The following fees specifically related to F-1 students are nonrefundable:
- I-20 Processing Fee of $180
- Courier fee of $120